Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rarity

There are few things as exciting, in my opinion, than being able to witness a rare or endangered animal in the wild. I can only imagine the thrill to photographers who have that opportunity to photograph animals that not many people will ever have the change to even see outside of cages. I can also imagine the stress in such situations to ensure that you get a good shot...how devastating it would be to be caught off guard and end up with blurry photos of something so rare (and what a waste of a potential payday! haha). After the Yellowstone trip I really have a better feel for my camera; how it works and reacts in given conditions, and how quickly I can alter settings to capture what I am looking at. Of course I am in the process of editing, slowly but surely, and am finding many pictures that didn't quite play out, but there are always those handful that work. I find a lo of times getting that ideal image is a lot about luck in timing. Browsing the internet (as I so happily do far too often) I was interested in seeking out rare animal images. Photographer Robert Heischman was able to capture a critically endangered species the gharial (Gavialis gangeticus, or "gavial," that is native to the Indian subcontinent (plus it is visually captivating and a very striking image).

No comments:

Post a Comment